We are members of Lincolnshire Trading Standards CarSchemeNet
As a member we promise to...
We supply the Trading Standards Service with all relevant information regarding the ownership, staffing, premises and trade activities of the business.
- Inform and train sales staff on the law
- Advertise credit terms honestly
- Describe all its products and services correctly
- Deal with customer complaints promptly and courteously
- Ensure cars are safe and roadworthy
- Provide a written explanation if a complaint is unresolved
- Not mislead over price
- Comply with any trade association's code of practice
Information on training regarding the law as it relates to the sale and servicing of vehicles is given to all sales staff.
Management controls are implemented to ensure the following:
- All descriptions applied to cars are correct
- The odometer readings on cars are checked and are correct or are effectively disclaimed.
- All vehicles are roadworthy
- All price indications and credit advertisements comply with legal requirements, are correct and do not mislead
- Customer complaints will be dealt with promptly and courteously. Every attempt will be made to resolve such complaints quickly. If the complaint cannot be resolved, the customer will be given a written explanation for the dealer's response and, if necessary, referred to Trading Standards
- Trade Association codes of practice will be adhered to at all times. Prominent notices advertising membership of any trade association and the services available, such as conciliation and arbitration, will be displayed in sales and reception areas. Customers will be given easy access to those services.